Separate paste across both card title and content

I currently use a shortcut on iOS to capture the title and link of a your tube video and then format as so:

YouTube video Title
@[youtube](youtubelink)

This formatted text is saved to the clipboard and the SN app is opened for me to paste the contents into a new card.

Right now I have to copy the YouTube title after it’s pasted in the new car and re-paste into the title of the card.

Would like a way to automatically separate the title and the link so that the title pasted to the card title and the formatted link pasted in the body of the card.

Is there a way to do this without manually setting it to one or the other?

Hi @clefshanty,

Since you’re already using an iOS Shortcuts, you can create a shortcut to send this information to the Supernotes API to create a card directly – with the Youtube title as the card tile and the link as the card content – you won’t even need to open the Supernotes iOS app.

Using a Text Action to configure the data in a JSON format, and then use a "Get Contents of URL’ to send that to the Supernotes API. You will need also need to create an API key for authentication, here’s how to create one.

And here’s an example of how to use the API but this is with using javascript, but it can give you a good idea of how simple it can be.

Let me know how you get on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Worked perfectly.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @clefshanty!

Really happy to hear that worked for you. If you’d like to, feel free to share your iOS Shortcut in the Made with Supernotes section (make sure to redact your API Key) – I’m sure a lot of other Community members would enjoy using a similar shortcut :slight_smile:

You also opened the iOS Sharesheet feature request – using the same iOS Shortcuts method you can create this manually – before we release an official version with for both iOS and Android mobile apps later this year.

1 Like

Will do. Thank you again.

1 Like