Support Plain Pasting in new Editor on Mobile

Is there a way to prevent the new editor from escaping Markdown syntax when pasting? Or should this rather be filed in Feature Requests?

Yep, if you hold shift while pasting this should escape the Markdown.

This works for everything apart from one edge case where if you have only a url in your clipboard, and try to paste it will still apply the markdown syntax – this will be fixed soon.

1 Like

What about mobile?

1 Like

Good point! We’re adding a fancy toolbar to the mobile apps soon that will give you the option to plain / magic paste, along with lots of other markdown syntax shortcuts.

I’ve updated the title of this topic and moved it into FRs.

2 Likes

While looking forward to the new toolbar, I found a workaround that works for me when transferring content from TickTick to supernotes, which is a very common use case in my workflow.

When pasting some markdown content, I simply make sure that I select some dummy text beforehand. This replaces the dummy text by the raw contents of the clipboard without escaping symbols, as desired.

Tested in the mobile app on android.

@freisatz Hi Robin, I’m also a big fan of TickTick, and find it to be a great combo with Supernotes! :heart:

I tag each TickTIck todo with either #shallow or #deep, and use that “focus type” to help me time-block the task for an effective day & time. I also split my work todos into three lists: short-term, medium-term, and long-term, which helps me to assess my task balance (i.e. figure out if I’m doing enough tactical and strategic work).

Do you have any of your TickTick tips to share?

I like your deep/shallow tagging system. I actually do something similar, and it was a revelation once I came up with that!

I organize my tasks in the lists next and follow-up.

• next. everything I want and can to do right away.
  • follow-up. deferred or non-ready tasks that come with a (start and) due date.

I then view the tasks in an intelligent list to do, with the logic

• lists: next
  • or date: today or overdue

That list I organize by due date.

This way I have all my relevant tasks in a single view.