Public Collections (viewing groups of cards as a non-user)

Hey guys,

First of all i would like to say that i love Supernotes and that i use it daily. I hope i don’t seem dissatisfied or annoyed in this post, i just wish to express my thoughts and this feature request. I really value the openness and interactivity you exhibit.

I would like to request the ability to explore shared child cards without logging in.

Currently it seems like you can only view the single card without having to log. Clicking on the “View child cards” button simply dumps you on the login page. Personally i really feel this creates a barrier to freely share my notes.

As a student i especially feel like this feature is missing. The bulk amount of my notes is for subject that i share with 100+ other students and it feels like a shame for them to be unable to view them without an account. Even when working together on a project it feels like its too big of an ask for them to sign up.

Using markdown export is a possibility, but it does have some caveats. If i want viewers to see the actual formatting i would have to host it somewhere, and some of the non-standard markdown features of Supernotes would require changing up the syntax. Which is too much work to be honest.

Exporting to PDF is definitely a very viable option, but it takes away the interactive free flowing nature of supernotes, and breaks spoilers formatting which is very useful for educational content. (not giving the answer straight away)

What i would like to see i simply the ability to explore shared child cards without logging in.

An alternative solution and i really mean alternative. Would be to publish your markdown engine as open source, so users can use the look outside of supernotes.

Also for refrence i see that on Notion some of my classmates do share longer form content.

Thanks for your time,
Kasper :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Hi @kakka0930, welcome to the Supernotes Community :raised_hands:t3:

Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words, it’s great to hear that you use Supernotes daily!

This feature request is a great idea, and we agree with you 100%. This in fact something we are already working on and have recently announced in our Spring Update. We are calling this feature “Public Collections” – as you will be able to create your own collections of cards and then publish them to a url which you can share publicly.

We are currently prioritising offline mode and mobile app improvements; but once they’re out, Public Collections is likely to be the next thing we will release. Looking forward to sharing this with you soon.

1 Like