Web Extension / Clipper

I see that you have planned web clipper for Chromium browsers, but not for Firefox.

7 Likes

Where did you see that, @hexandcube?

Nevermind, it’s on the homepage.

@connor is this still expected in Summer 2020? I ask, as I actually started working on something like this today. Maybe I should move my efforts elsewhere :grinning:

The Web Clipper will actually support Firefox and Chromium browsers, and is currently in the works. No precise ETA on when it will be finished though.

2 Likes

What about clipping on mobile?

1 Like

Web clipper support for Android and iOS will be added, however first we will have to release our mobile apps!

1 Like

Hey Tobias, good news.

Could you provide an intermediary solution like Roam? They don’t have an Android app, but if you install it as an app from Chrome (not sure how this works), you can actually share anything to Roam. Ref: https://twitter.com/RoamResearch/status/1280916944032415745

Our apps and extensions are almost ready – and we will start to post beta versions here on the community for all of you who have expressed interest in testing them (Beta programm for new releases), so we won’t be spending time on intermediary solutions.

It seems like Roam’s is just an iOS Siri Shortcut shared using an external service. I haven’t looked into it much but it’s probably quite easy to create a personal iOS Siri Shortcut to save a link, format it as markdown and open Supernotes.

2 Likes

It would be great to have a Web Clipper Chrome Extension for notes.

Hi @thinkenvy, welcome to the Supernotes Community! :tada:

A Web Clipper for Firefox, Chrome and Safari is on our roadmap. Looking forward to sharing it with you once it’s ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this still in the works? Thank you.

Hi @0cacc0cb,

Yes this is still in the works! We’re focusing on mobile apps and offline mode at the moment, but once they are out we will prioritise the web clipper. Looking forward to sharing it with you soon.

2 Likes

I would like to raise a request for the web clipper tool too. Thanks.

2 Likes

Any news on this? This is the only thing I’d need for this to be my perfect notes app!

Hi @fraserbuffini,

We’re focusing on Supernotes 3 at the moment, after which a Web Extension / Clipper is a high priority item for us. When we build things, we take time on them to make sure they’re just right, so it will be worth the wait!

2 Likes

Any new updates to web clipper status now?

3 years later brother? lol I was blown away the API marketplace existed but no web clipper, :frowning: fork me man, I miss the old days.

Hi @nicosql, welcome to the Supernotes Community.

We hear you! Building a web clipper has been on the horizon for a while, along with lots of other open feature requests – that’s the advantage of having a well-established product with a bunch of awesome community suggestions – there’s just too many to get through!

We’ve been extremely busy the past three years releasing updates every month. Including dedicated apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android; the open API (as you mentioned!); and 100s of new features (just have a scroll through the implemented section).

Our web clipper will be coming soon, and when it does we promise it will be worth the wait :raised_hands:

3 Likes