Working with Hook

So I like to use Hook as I don’t want to embed every image or file, I can just link the file to the location.

But it seems hook links don’t work with Super notes?

Would love to have this feature if I am right.

1 Like

We haven’t worked with Hook before, but we will take a look into allowing it to work with Supernotes.

1 Like

Hi @manojnayak, quick status update: I’ve tried out Hook, and it seems to work on my system. Can you give me any more information about the particular problem you’re having?

Here’s a gif of me opening a file with Hook via a Supernotes card.

Yes, that’s basic stuff that works! Thank you!

I would however love a deeper integration. For example - when I am working on a note in the Supernotes app and trigger hook it should copy the URL (note URL) and the I can link it to all files and webpages to that particular note. Sparing me the trouble of inserting all links inside the note.

Heard the Hook guys are very proactive to support their app. :slight_smile:

I think Supernotes currently lacks the ability to call up notes from an external app. Perhaps if that is added, it wouldn’t be too much additional work to expose that functionality to Hook? Maybe Hook will already be able to find it, once it exists?

I had another Hook related request - rendering Hook links to images. As Supernotes currently is, a link to an image via Hook works; however, it is not possible to get the image to render in Supernotes. I’d like to keep my images in a file system I control but link and render them in my notes. Hook provides one possible way to do this, but I’d be open to a native one. I imagine enabling support for Hook is easier.

Hi, @mortalstarinventor!

Your image render in Supernotes is similar to my request for rendering images from Google Photos found here:

Embed photos from other services into cards