Copy without formatting

Copying text from cards should copy without formatting by default.

1 Like

If you want to copy directly as Markdown, the best way is to copy the text in Edit mode. If you want to copy the rendered content without the HTML formatting, the best way is to just copy as normal, but then wherever you are pasting use “Paste without formatting” or “Paste plain” which most programs support. For example with Supernotes you can paste with cmd+shift+v to paste rich text with any formatting stripped.

2 Likes

I would to copy and paste without the formatting. This happens usually when I have a backlink within a card. Even if I copy and past holding shift, it still shows the formatting code of the backlink. This also doesn’t work when you have a to do check box.

Hi @Gloriaaliang, welcome to the Supernotes Community!

So holding down shift while pasting, to plain paste, only makes a difference if you are copying from external sources such as an article from a webpage.

Am I correct in thinking you are copying content from one notecard to another and wouldn’t like to have markdown elements pasted such as links or checkboxes? Some more information about your different use cases would be very helpful :smiley:

Hi Tobias! Thanks for responding.
I would like to copy and paste the content from one notecard to an email for example without links or checkboxes! If i have a word back linked, it will paste with the code. Does that make sense? Lmk if you would like to see a screenshot.

Hi @Gloriaaliang,

Oh in that case, while a card is in display mode. You can copy the card contents in one go, just click / tap on it to focus on it, and then press ShiftCmd / CtrlC. This should paste normally in an email editor.

For more quick card actions press Cmd / Ctrli while the card is in display mode. I hope that helps!

1 Like

Ah! It worked. Thank you.

1 Like