Custom Collections

Could you give some details on how Custom Collections will finally work? I want to plan some things on the last days of 2023 and for that it will be helpful to know some details on the final version of CC.

Hi @isaiur, of course.

I’ve just written an article (WIP) on Custom Collections over at developer.supernotes.app, and included two examples of how the current “Tasks” and “Thoughts” collection structure works. And of course, there will be a user interface for this in 3.1.

If anything is unclear please let us know, I hope it’s helpful.

4 Likes

I wonder if one basic implementation of filtering by date range could include the ability to multi-select dates in a row from the calendar? I like the quick feedback of just shift-selecting a few dates for example, or selecting one week of dates. This would provide quicker results in the noteboard than a multistep process that could be more useful for advanced searches over longer periods of time.

1 Like

Would it be possible to set the display as minimized only for a special collection? So that all cards in Home are standard but when I open a collection the cards are automatically minimized?

While I didn’t make a formal request, I did bring up the idea of a keyboard shortcut to switch to minimize mode a while back. Hopefully (at a minimum) that’s easy to implement.

Hey Tobias, can you give an update on the new timeline when 3.1 is expected to drop? Very ruff would be fine, like next month or 6 month something like that would be good to know.
Not having custom collections is still a major pain in using supernotes to it’s full potential IMO

Tobias recently announced the ETA to be early May.

2 Likes

Hi @Yannic,

We share your enthusiasm for Custom Collections, and are just as excited to unveil it! We know we’ve taken some more time building out this feature than anticipated, but we promise you it’s worth the wait. We can say with a certainty that 3.1 includes Custom Collections and will definitely be our next release.

As @freisatz mentioned above our current estimate is Early May. The magnitude of features in 3.1, including some surprises, necessitates a bit more time than our usual cadence of monthly updates.

We’re also very happy with how stable and reliable Supernotes has been. To make sure this continues, we’re making sure 3.1 is thoroughly put through its paces – ergo we won’t be rushing the release for the sake of new feature(s).

In addition, we’re also putting together some guides and example workflows that will coincide with the launch of 3.1 to help new and existing members get started. We can’t wait to share everything with you soon!

9 Likes