Dynamic Progress Bar Variables

I currently use templates for progress bar graphics that represent 0%, 25%, 50% completion, etc., and type 25 (in the coupler) for example to bring up my 25% progress bar. I wonder if dynamic progress bar variables could be created, similarly to the proposed date/time idea. But for now, templates does the trick.

screenshot of progress bars

2 Likes

Going of the response from @tobias in the date and time thread perhaps the syntax could be something like ${prog:10} to represent a progress bar set to 10%?

1 Like

Going of the response from @tobias in the date and time thread perhaps the syntax could be something like ${prog:10} to represent a progress bar set to 10%?

Exactly. That would be much quicker than creating and using a template for each progress bar value. Also, Supernotes could create a nice minimalist progress bar graphic. It could be pill-shaped like the one I use, utilize color, maybe have tick marks, potentially represent all integers between 1 and 100 (and not just a few increments), etc.

While I don’t currently use Supernotes to track books I’m reading, I imagine that progress bars could be useful in a markdown table that lists books that are partially or completely read. There are tons of possibilities for progress bars.

1 Like

This an interesting request, thanks for sharing @JohnCP! We will see what we can do.

We have been playing around with having a radial progress bar to automatically show if you have uncompleted tasks within a card. Would this be something that you’d be interested in?

That sounds interesting, and could be useful for those who track task list completion specifically. (For me, task lists become unwieldy and are never fully completed, so I don’t operate that way.) But user defined dynamic progress bars, not tied to a task list, could be applied to many more user scenarios: level of fluency in a particular subject(s) or topics within a subject (while studying for an exam), progress made on a specific task, pages completed in a book, etc. Color could also be used, e.g., red, green, yellow, etc.