I used supernotes with the app on Android for some days now and I’d like to share my thoughts I had during that time with no delay.
The app feels very web-ish. From my perspective it is not evident what benefits the app has and why I should use it rather than web. To be fair, this is partly because of the excellent mobile optimization of the webapp.
Some assorted observations:
- I just love the 2.0-ish ability to navigate forward and back on the level of an opened notecard. This is huge!
- For me it seems that the app is noticably slower than web
- I feel that integration into the system’s share-to-menu would underline the sensation that this is now an app, not a website
- When no internet connection is available, the app gets lost at start - I’d expect one of these things
- a message that hints towards the need of being online
- access to some cached content or even a full offline experience
- when editing a card, tapping the screen often results in triggers an unexpected and confusing vertical shift of the text’s displayed section
This is it, for now.