How to delete image in supernotes

How i can delete image in supernotes

When i attached a image

There is a link of image.

When I try to delete the link by backspace & by also deleting the Card.

After that

When i past a same link in to the another cards the same image visible , it is not delete.

Images uploaded to Supernotes are periodically “garbage-collected” if they are not referenced by any cards on the platform.

The reason we don’t delete images immediately when you remove the reference from a card is because there could be other cards on the platform that reference that image, and we wouldn’t want to break those links.

2 Likes

Just in relation to this - can you clarify security model on images? It appears that any images uploaded aren’t controlled to just access from created user by default - i.e you don’t need to be logged in to access the image link ?

There is no particular security method in place for images, except for obfuscation of image names. As you’ve seen this means anyone with a link to an image can view it. That being said, those images are not indexed in any way, so you really do need the actual image URL to access an image, which is not going to be guessable.

For images with actual sensitive information, we do not recommend using Supernote’s free upload facility for that due to the lack of encryption at rest. If you want security, the most secure option is to only keep images on your computer’s local hard drive and reference them there, like so:

![Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.48.22 PM.png](/Users/connor/Downloads/Screen%20Shot%202021-11-05%20at%206.48.22%20PM.png)

Of course the problem with this method is that the image is only accessible from your primary device. But that is by far the most secure way to do it.

If you want to be able to have images synced across devices, you’d probably need to use an image hosting service that supports encryption, and to be honest I’m not familiar with any services like that, but there might be some!

1 Like

Thanks for the response Connor. Appreciate the clarity.

Here is how I do with supernotes

1. New a card , and paste an image from my browser, wait for it to be uploaded.

2. copy the image address, it is on AWS as I know from the url

3. delete the newly created card permanently.

4. wait for two days and Open the URL copied from step 2 in a private browser window, it is still there.

I just want to know how to remove the image from being viewed from the public ?

Hi @kuyagic,

Welcome to the Supernotes Community! :tada: There was already a discussion about how to remove images in this thread, so I moved your bug report here, so we have everything in one place. As mentioned by Connor previously: