Include comments in export

When I export my cards, I can’t export the cards with my comments.
This lets me loss useful information and knowledge.

3 Likes

Hi @StacyR,

You are correct comments are currently not exported with cards (and I’ve modified this topic to be a feature request). Comments are very much specific to the Supernotes platform so we didn’t want them to clutter exports to Markdown, but I can understand how they might be useful depending on your use case.

Which export would you like comments to be present in? Markdown, JSON or both? If you could share a bit more about your use case that would be very helpful for us.

1 Like

I really want this feature even if it was a checkbox like ‘include comments in export’ or something.
I want it in Markdown. It could even be just a timestamp and the name of the person and then the comment.

I comment on my own blocks a lot. For instance if I have a card for talking about emailing someone to get their feedback, I’ll make a comment saying something like, “They still haven’t responded…” That doesn’t deserve an entire card and I love using the comments. It’s not essential, but I would love to have those with exports.

2 Likes

Hi @Iamjmw,

I’ve bumped up the priority of this and we’re looking to add a “include comments” and “include tags” options to the export cards modal. Should be coming one of the next minor releases, looking forward to sharing it with you!

2 Likes

This would be amazing! A while back Roam added comments to blocks and I just became obsessed with it. It felt like writing in the margins of a book. And that’s what I do with my cards too. I like to make thoughts and comments about certain cards. Having those be able to export with timestamps (even without timestamps) would be awesome!