As a short-time Obsidian user, I came across this app somewhere on Hacker News, and I figured I’d give it a shot. I’d like to share my initial observations, maybe it can help you out .
- I could not easily find (from the “Home” screen) how to add tags to my notes.
#tagnamedid not do anything. I learnt this from Obsidian but it is an absolute godsend of a feature. I highly recommend adding it.
- Sharing seems a little… impractical?
- From what I’ve gathered about sharing, it’s on a per-note basis. What if I want to share all notes that are tagged a certain category?
- All levels of access seem to give some form of power that lets people do things. I think I just don’t understand the “Ghost” user yet, but it’s a bit hard to figure out what to choose when I want them to be read-only. (More specifically, it is not clear at all if “Ghost”, or any of the levels of access really, are registered users or guests. Clarifying this on the docs page would help.)
- Clicking outside or inside of a card did not start/stop editing it.
- I’m not if this is intentional or not, but it’s an intuition I’ve picked up from Trello and Jira and the likes. No judgement if it’s intended this way!
Shift+Spacealways brings me to an “Uh Oh” page.
Spacealways tells me “Card not found”. I’m not sure what the inteded behavior is but I feel like this isn’t it!
- When trying to search using
Ctrl+FI have to press Enter to search. This bothers me way more than I thought it would!
- Visual effect on Cheatsheet makes the closing button very hard to use: ShareX GIF | Gfycat
I hope you’ll forgive me for not going out of my way to make an article/bug report for each and every one of these as multiple of the points above are deal breakers for me. I just hope it helps you polish your product.