Opened images get chopped off vertically when they're too tall

Example

The image as it looks embedded in a card:

The cropped image when clicked and viewed “full-screen”:

Potential fix?

Scale full-screen images using both screen height and width (rather than just screen width)?

Thanks for the thorough report @JamesT.

You should be able to scroll the image in full-screen, even if the whole image isn’t shown at once, is this the case? This is intentional so you can scroll long portrait photos such as a comic strip for example. We’ve also added a little prompt “Open original”, in the bottom-left which will open the image in a new web browser window.

But I definitely agree we need to improve the way images are handled in this fullscreen view. We’ve been playing around with having two modes, “a fit to height / width” and a “zoomed in / original” size mode. You will be able to cycle between them by clicking the image. This will be implemented soon.

You should be able to scroll the image in full-screen, even if the whole image isn’t shown at once, is this the case?

The image is scrollable, but only downwards (i.e. there’s no way to scroll to see the top of the image, only the bottom).

We’ve been playing around with having two modes, “a fit to height / width” and a “zoomed in / original” size mode. You will be able to cycle between them by clicking the image.

I like this idea!

2 Likes