Option to change the line spacing

I hope to be able to add an option to change the line spacing. I think the current line spacing is a bit too large, although this is a very subjective opinion :joy:.

I did a brief survey, and some note-taking software allows user to modify the specific line spacing value (such as MWeb Pro).

Some note-taking software allows user to change the line spacing size options (such as Standard Note).

And there are some software that do not support changing the line spacing.

1 Like

Hey @hahahumble,

Could you please share what prompted this feature request?

What would it help you accomplish, if anything?
On a scale 1-10 (1-not important at all; 10-super important) how important is getting line spacing to you? What makes it so urgent?

I’m curious to learn more.

I am not sure if this is really necessary. I am very happy with the current line height. It is high enough to read the text well, but not too high to have too much space.

I think such options would take away a lot from the simplicity of Supernotes. Personally, I would mess around too much with these settings and forget what I was trying to create in Supernotes at that moment. I like not having too many options to make design changes.

1 Like

As I said, the line spacing is a very subjective point of view, some people may think that the current line spacing is appropriate, but there are also those who think that the current line spacing is too large or too small (like me).

I don’t think adding the option to modify line spacing would add much complexity to Supernotes. It seems reasonable to add a line spacing option for a text-centric note-taking software.

Here is a simple demonstration of smaller line spacing

Current line spacing for English content:

Use smaller line spacing for English content:

Current line spacing for Chinese content:

Use smaller line spacing for Chinese content:

Line spacing of the current code block (The current line spacing of the code snippet is too large, and slightly longer code will take up a lot of space):

Code blocks use smaller line spacing:

2 Likes

A simple line spacing setting option like this is sufficient:

2 Likes

I would agree that code block line-spacing is too large

2 Likes