Option to propagate selected card properties for children (icon, color, tags)

Just started to play with card icons and colours. One of the things, that annoys me currently, is that user is supposed to add tags, colours and icons manually for every card he is created, while in many cases they should be derived from a parent card.

What about a new card option ‘Propagate the following to the child cards: [ ] color, [ ] icon, [ ] tags’. If some of the checkboxes are selected on the parent card all the children derive the corresponding properties: color, icon, tags or all of them. Such an option may be located, for example, there:

Thoughts?

Hi @Valery_Kondakoff, you can already propagate colours and tags by adding them as filters in the sidebar. Every new card created will then inherit those properties.

I can definitely see how in particular use cases your suggestion would be very helpful. We try to minimise automatic propagation from a parent as cards may have more than one parent, esp. once users start sharing.

Yes, I was not thinking about multiple parents. You are right.

Oops! My fault - I used to know about propagating tags using filtering, but forgot to test this with colours: everything works well. Thanks for pointing me.
BTW: you said icons can be propagated by adding them as filters? I don’t see this feature in my filter section. Is this not available for public yet?

1 Like

BTW: you said icons can be propagated by adding them as filters? I don’t see this feature in my filter section. Is this not available for public yet?

Sorry, meant to say tags instead of icons! We aren’t planning on adding icons as filters at moment, but that could change in the future!

1 Like