Outline issues still appearing

Hi, after updating to 3.0.2 I saw the Outline issues previously noted in 3.0.0/3.0.1 were fixed - however, I noticed today that after marking a child card as Priority, it didn’t get added to my Outline, not even after signing out/back in on various devices.

After some testing:

• This only happens with an existing card - the parent card that DOES appear in the outline was created on 8/16/23 - for this one, creating a child card and setting to Priority didn’t make it appear in the outline
  • If I created a new parent card, I could set it to Priority and it would show up in the outline. A child card created for this new parent and setting it to Priority DID make it show up under the outline. Not sure why the disparity.

Let me know if I can provide more info!

1 Like

To clarify, those were a couple of the situations where I noted the behavior described. Didn’t do enough testing to verify if that’s the behavior across many cards or not.

Thanks for the report. We haven’t yet been able to replicate this on our end, so if you do come across a way to reproduce this for cards in general rather than a card in particular that would be very helpful. We will keep a look out regardless and hopefully we can keep eliminating these last few issues with the Outline re-build.

Thanks! I’m including some more information below on what I observed, hopefully this helps:

It seems like the outline issues happen with hierarchy situations that are more complex - I’ll describe one area of my setup where I noticed 2 issues consistently.

Context/Setup

• I have a “Projects” parent card (this is a top-level card in my Outline)
  • I have some child cards under “Projects” that have Visible status set to Priority - lets call them A, B, C, D
  • B is also a child card of A
  • D is also a child card of C

So my Outline looks like this (note that for A/B, A is above B in my outline, but for C/D, D is actually above C - I’m sorting the outline alphabetically, not sure if this is important or not for the bug):

• Projects
    • A
      • B
    • B
    • D
    • C
      • D

Behavior

• I created a child card, X, under B, and then marked it as Priority. X shows up in the Outline under Projects > A > B, but not under Projects > B. So my outline would look like this:

• Projects
      • A
        • B
          • X
      • B
      • D
      • C
        • D
  • I created a child card, Y, under D, and then marked it as Priority. Y shows up in the Outline under Projects > D, but not under Projects > C > D. So my outline would look like this:

• Projects
      • A
        • B
      • B
      • D
        • Y
      • C
        • D

Both of the above scenarios happen concurrently to me. So right now, I can get my outline in the following state:

• Projects
    • A
      • B
        • X
    • B
    • D
      • Y
    • C
      • D

Let me know if this helps!

2 Likes

I’m seeing the exactly same issue. Child cards are shown the first time they appears in the Outline, but not subsequent times:

Here Domino habit’s children are visible in the outline.

SCR-20230921-irzi

Later in the Outline, the children aren’t shown and the parent card cannot be expanded.

1 Like

Thanks for the reports everyone! We’ve identified the issue and fixed it in 3.0.3

2 Likes

@Connor I still see this issue in 3.0.3:

@Connor Disregard above. Logging out and back in again fixed it, and now everything is working as expected. Thanks for the fix! :heart:

1 Like

Thats odd. For me, even after log out and in, the issue persists.

Could you give an example of where this is failing? You actually shouldn’t need to logout to test any of this btw, just changing visibility on the card in question should cause a re-calculation.

Like, exactly as on James’ screenshots.

Would you be able to provide some screenshots? Unable to reproduce and the issue should be fixed (but entirely possible its not for some cases).

Bereiche → Interessengebiete → Webanwendungen und Apps → Supernotes

Bereiche → Interessengebiete → Wissensmanagement → Supernotes

1 Like

I’m still seeing outline issues too. Here’s an example:

1 Like

Thanks for continuing to help debug everyone. We’re still struggling to reproduce this post-3.0.3, so if you have any other examples of where this is and isn’t happening, that would be super helpful!

Here’s another example:

Feedback has two parents: Coaching and Insights, but the second time it appears in the Outline (under the root card Insights) isn’t expandable.

1 Like