Show relevant tags in unused space in Notevisor

The other thing that concerns me is
1 Multi-level tagging functionality (the dev team insisted on a single level for complexity)
2 Reduction of filtering steps.
2.1 Currently the filter buttons are so small and stacked with all the tags that I feel stressed every time I open that list (honestly, just for me, the whole blank bar could be expanded with a lot of filter buttons such as tags, colors, whether exists parents or mention links), because filtering and searching are just too often used, like a row of air conditioning buttons in a car.
2.2 When I open a card, I would like to have a list of all the tags associated with that card and all its children in a row on the filter bar (sorted by number of references), so that when I click on one of them, the system automatically updates the list of other tags associated with the remaining eligible cards again, so that in combination with the multiple levels of tags, I am confident that clicking on a couple of related tag buttons will take less than a few seconds, and the mouse is not even moving. In this way, combined with the multiple levels of tags, I am confident that I can find any card by clicking a few relevant tag buttons, taking less than a few seconds, and without moving the mouse back and forth. This confidence and simplicity of filtering cards is the main reason why I strongly urge for this feature.

Hi @EternalSummer, thanks for your feedback!

One of the strengths of Supernotes is the simplicity and minimalist view – helping you to unravel your ideas and thoughts without feeling cluttered. So are hesitant to attempt to fill all white-space with more functionality.

Having said this, we are exploring designs for a tag manager at the moment, which would reside in the righthand sidebar (where pinned is a the moment). We think this would scratch your itch as well and be better since this would work on mobile / narrow-width screens as well.

If you have any further ideas, please let us know.

1 Like

I firmly believe this, because many of the features in supernotes make me smile and feel how careful you guys are when polishing new features!

One of the strengths of Supernotes is the simplicity and minimalist view – helping you to unravel your ideas and thoughts without feeling cluttered. So are hesitant to attempt to fill all white-space with more functionality.

a tag manager in right sidebar

That’s one of the wishes I want.

1 Like

One thought I’d like to express though,

a powerful filtering control panel with multiple categories (perhaps with a quick search box) would allow the brain to reduce the number of steps from multiple to 2, maybe hide it from the general public, and the heavy users could pin it, like the toolbar in word.

Sometimes reducing frequent mechanical repetitions of the brain, and replacing more optimized designs with more intuitive ones, can be decisive for heavy users of filters.
I hope the geniuses at supernotes will choose this road to save me! :rofl: