Some examples, please

Hi there,

I’m new to Supernotes and see huge potential. I was a programmer once, in a past century, but haven’t done any serious coding for at least 20 years. I would love to try my hand at building some kind of wrapper around the current APIs so I can integrate Supernotes with Alfred and Apple Shortcuts. I have been fooling around with curl to test the APIs and I think I understand the general concept. However, it would really, really help me if there are some actual examples of code people have used to access Supernotes cards.

I am mainly interested in creating cards from other apps such as DevonThink, which can go via the clipboard, if necessary, and in implementing a search function I can call from Alfred, so I can search through my Supernotes cards without having to open Supernotes.

Has anyone out there programmed anything of that kind and would be willing to share some code with me?

Bard

1 Like

Yep, as you have seen the documentation is a little sparse. Currently it is just an API reference but definitely in the future we’d like to actually throw some fully-fledged guides in there to make it easier to get from 0-to-integrated.

There is actually an example repo created by @jcassee that he posted on the forums here of a command-line client written in Rust.

However that tool was written before we had API keys, which definitely make things a little easier on the client side.

I know this probably isn’t much help to you, but we use swagger codegen to generate SDKs for our APIs at work. I haven’t had a go using this with supernotes yet, but it may well lower the effort required to get started building your own tools! Take a look through this and I hope its somewhat useful to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like