Universal Search won't persist when opened

Description of the bug
Occasionally i get the app into a state where the search modal completely drops off after hitting Cmd + k (in the gif, one click results in it coming up and immediately going away). It’s happened 3 times in about a week.
Screen Recording 2023-10-21 at 4.00.22 PM

App & Version
Mac OS Silicon v3.0.4

Steps to reproduce
Seems to happen after going through search to edit a card? I can’t pin point exactly. Re-launching the app does not help either! Had to “Clear site data” to fix this.

Screenshots / Screen Recording
Please post a screenshot here or a even better a link to a screen recording. If the bug revolves around sensitive information, or if you would just like to talk to the team directly please contact us using the in-app ‘Chat with us’ messenger.

1 Like

Hi @fuzzy.beach,

Thanks for the bug report, we will look into this. If you notice any more steps to reproduce this let us know!

Also you don’t need to “Clear site data” usually, just log out and then back in and that should have the same effect – saves you from having to open the developer tools.

1 Like

@tobias, Happened again today, to add to previous notes, when this happens, clicking the magnifier opens search but CMD + K does not close it. Esc does close it. Hope that helps track this down.

Screen Recording 2023-10-25 at 7.13.32 PM

You’re using a MacBook Air with Apple silicon,
I use command + k to use the universal search feature, and it works fine on the web and other operating systems, but when I use that shortcut in a Mac application, it turns off as soon as I launch it.

Hi @New_Horizon, sorry to hear this.

Could you let us know which build of the macOS app are you running? And which version of macOS? We have M1 Macbooks running Supernotes 3.0.6 and Sonoma 14.1.1 and are unable to replicate this.

Perhaps try signing out and then signing back in.

(Oh and Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:)

Merry Christmas to you too. I always update when the latest version comes out! I just tried to record it and it works fine this time. I’ve been getting this error once in a while, but next time it happens I’ll record it and post it.

1 Like

I just logged the symptoms and they are the same as before, it works fine on the web and other devices, but only on my silicon mac, restarting the app still causes the same thing, but if I log out and log back in, it goes back to normal temporarily! It’s not a serious issue since I can control it with the mouse, but I just wanted to let you know.:blush:

recorded video

Hi @New_Horizon,

Thanks for sharing this @New_Horizon. I’ve merged this with an existing topic concerning the Universal Search. We’re unaware of what is causing this, but it seems to only affect the Apple Silicon build of the desktop apps.

We will continue to investigate this, and if anyone comes up with a reliable way to create this issue, please let us know below :slight_smile:

1 Like