Windows app got minimized and can't be accessed anymore. (Windows 10)

After my pc went to “sleep” (after updating to 2.2.1) and I woke it up, the application had somehow minimized and can’t be accessed or touched anymore. It seems to be invisible.
I can see the outline of where the app should be, but that’s all, I’ll attach an image.
I can still use the browser, so it’s not the end of the world, but I much prefer using the app directly rather than finding the tab/window to take notes.

Hi @athryn,

That’s strange! If you follow these steps on how to get a lost, offscreen window back, does that work?

Hi @tobias,

I’ve tried the methods listed there, unfortunately none of them have worked. I tried all the suggestions once more, much to the same result. I’ll give it one more go tomorrow, but it remains the same.

I’ve also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, but it is in the same state when it is reinstalled.

Hi @Athryn,

Apologies for the late reply. Have you managed to resolve this issue?

If not, I suggest walking through the steps of this Blank / White / Pink Screen Bug – particularly deleting the “Supernotes” folder located in Windows: C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\, as this is often not removed by uninstalling the app. It may have a slightly different path but it will be there!

Deleting the app, removing this folder and re-installing the app should definitely fix your issue. Please let us know if not.

That solved the issue!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

1 Like