Description of the bug
Word wrap is interacting weirdly with bullet lists, dropping the content down to the next line when it shouldn’t, and occasionally splitting in the middle of a word.
App & Version
MacOS (ARM) 3.0.7
Steps to reproduce
Create a long list of bullet points, pin the card, edit the pinned card, shrink the size of the pinned card panel.
Screenshots / Screen Recording
@Tobias Are you able to recreate this, or do you need any more details from me?
I just had a look, and we’re not able to replicate this behaviour on our end with the same version of the app. Does this happen with all of your cards or just ones with bullets? Can you send us this raw markdown so we can try to replicate?
Here’s the complete markdown from the note:
- How are you doing, really?
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
- When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
- Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- What’s the best way to get to know you as a person?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- What’s your life story?
- What traits do you envy/value in those around you?
- What do you feel insecure about?
- What are you waiting for?
- If you could design a personal set of social norms for how your friends interact with you, what would they be?
- How would other people describe you? How does this compare to how you want to be perceived?
- What in life do you get truly excited about?
- What do you miss most about the old version of yourself?
- When did you realise that you’re not like everyone else?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
- Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
- What is the most difficult thing you’ve ever been through?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What is your most terrible memory?
- What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
- What is the most painful thing you’ve been told?
- What is the kindest thing you’ve been told?
- What’s something that I wouldn’t believe about you?
- What are you scared to share with people?
- What do you miss most in life?
- When was the moment in your life that you felt most alive?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- What do you wish you could let go of?
- What’s true about you today that would make your child-self disappointed?
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
- What roles do love and affection play in your life?
- How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
- How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
- Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “
- What’s an embarrassing moment in your life?
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
Thanks for sharing, however I’m still not able to replicate with this markdown. Can you possibly share the card with me? Does this bug happen on the web app as well as the desktop app?
I just tested it in the web app, and I can’t replicate the behaviour.
I’ve sent you a friend request in the app, so I can share the card with you.
Thanks for sharing James. Aha not a bug with Supernotes! Some of your phrases contain non-breaking spaces rather than regular spaces
You can test this out for yourself here. Since this isn’t a bug, I’ve moved this to Community Support.
Nice detective work!
Fixing the non-breaking spaces fixed the issue. Thank you!