Workflow Supernotes

In the last two days, I’ve rediscovered my love for Supernotes thanks to its clear note-taking workflow. I find it incredibly helpful to be able to write a card and assign multiple parents, which is a game-changer for me. However, as I prepare for my state law exam, I’m also realizing that I need to stay organized and have a clear overview of my notes.

Currently, I’m using tags, parent cards, and the outline sidebar to stay on top of my notes, but I’m curious to know if there are other methods or workflows that others have found helpful. Although I initially used Notion for note-taking, I found it to be unreliable and lacking in security measures. On the other hand, Notion offers databases to help me keep track of my notes and analyze my progress.

Are there any power users out there who have found a more effective workflow for managing a high volume of notes?

I recall hearing about potential updates that would include pre-selected tags and filters in the sidebar sections, which could be incredibly helpful for staying organized. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use a digital version of the Zettelkasten system.

The goal of my notes structure is to help me focus on the quality and quantity of the input (books, articles, videos, etc.) that generates my atomic insights, and on the quality and quantity of my output (talks, presentations, blog posts, etc.):

• Input
    • Articles
      • {Article A}
        • Glossary
        • Insights
        • Metadata
        • Study notes
      • {Article B}
    • Books
      • {Book A}
      • {Book B}
    • Courses
      • {Course A}
      • {Course B}
    • Quotes
      • Agile
      • Coaching
      • Feedback
      • Goals
      • Habits
      • Health
      • {etc.}
    • Videos
      • {Video A}
      • {Video B}
  • Insights
    • Agile
      • Pomodoros
      • Retrospectives
        • How to run an effective retrospective
    • Coaching
    • Feedback
    • Goals
    • Habits
    • Health
    • {etc.}
  • Output
    • Projects
      • {Article C}
      • {Presentation C}
    • Published
      • Articles
        • {Article A}
          • Insights
          • Metadata
          • Quotes
        • {Article B}
      • Presentations
        • {Presentation A}
        • {Presentation B}

I hope this super quick overview is understandable!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this detailed information. Will see if I can implement the Zettelkasten.