I’m getting a weird behaviour where a single card is being badly loaded on my mobile. On desktop, it has a parent. On mobile, it doesn’t, and so it appears in my tree. It’s the same card because I can edit it and the edits sync between devices. Tried logging out and in again on mobile to no avail.
Thanks for the report. Have you tried restarting the Desktop App? The cache might actually be stale with the desktop app, so it appears there is a parent when there isn’t one.
We added a button in User > Settings > Restart App so you no longer need to log out and in to reset the cache and potentially any stale data.
Have tried, didn’t work I’m afraid.
I am experiencing the same sync issue. More precisely:
- On desktop, I have a card without a parent (stored in “thoughts”)
- I set a parent to the card, with no other change. The card is no longer in “thoughts” but filled with the parent.
- On mobile, the card is still listed in “thoughts”. The parent has not changed.
- Of course, I have restarted on both desktop and mobile, etc…
- Now, I go back to the changed card on the desktop and I change a character in the note.
- This time, when I open the card on mobile it’s all synced and the parent is attributed as well.
So it looks like changing the parent of a card doesn’t enlist it for a sync. I haven’t checked other combinations (e.g.: changing a tag, etc…).
PS: kudos for a wonderful product !
Thank you for your in-depth writeup @JackLukouali, that is super helpful. We are currently changing how syncing works in preparation for the upcoming offline mode, and will make sure to investigate / fix this issue.