Degraded Desktop App Performance on Late 2015 iMac

Hi y’all, so I’m completely new to Supernotes and I would like to check it out. Now I am wondering what’s wrong with the Mac App. Because for me it’s practically unusable.

In the browser it’s smooth sailing but in the app the scrolling is slow and sluggish and when I click on the plus symbol in the corner it takes almost 3 seconds for the overlay to pop up and finish its stuttering animation.

I’m still on Catalina but other Electron Apps are not bothered by that fact.
What could I do to try and improve this?

Hi @Novi, welcome to the Supernotes Community!

That’s not good at all and should not be happening. Would it be possible for you to send us your specific Mac model and OS version so we can investigate?

If you’d prefer to share this information with us directly rather than here on the forum, feel free to use the in-app messenger (“chat with us” in the help menu in the bottom right).

10.15.7 (19H2)

Late 2015 iMac
3,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

btw: insane response time

Thanks @Novi, we try to be as responsive as possible!

We will look into this asap, but we’re inundated with requests right now so it may take a little while. In the meantime, please use the web app. Also if there any screen recordings you could send us that’d be very helpful.

I will use the web app, no worries, first impression of the web is very good.

I noticed that the animations run smoothly if I make the app window really small. If I have it in a proper size it get’s super slow.

Here’s a short screen recording for you
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D04m2SOYWoqBebcitpka8g1Q9lKsJbh6/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

I can confirm this is also still the case for me in the latest version of the desktop app, running the app with the following specs:

• Monterey 12.6.8
  • 13inch Macbook Pro 2016
  • 2.9 Ghz dual-core intel i5
  • 8GB Ram

As in Novi’s case, the app performs wonderfully when running in the browser, but the dedicated electron app is extremely sluggish.

1 Like

Same here. There’s noticeable latency when typing, and when scrolling it’s blank until you stop for a second.

• 2019 Macbook Pro, 15 inch
  • Progressor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
  • Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • MacOS 13.6 (22G120)

Using the web interface in Firefox and Orion (Webkit-based) works just fine, but thought you should know about the native app. Here’s a screen recording of the scrolling: CleanShot 20230926 at 171731.mp4 - Google Drive

1 Like