Double Space to Add Period on Mac

Currently, the Mac version of Supernotes doesn’t allow or recognize quickly entering space twice to add a period.

I would very much like if this was a thing in Supernotes on the Mac since it’s all over macOS.

I did some along around to see if this was a limitation of Electron. I found out that Electron can support this and that it’s an implementation detail. So hopefully Mac users can use this feature in the near future.

2 Likes

Hi @marlonr,

Thanks for your feature request. Our editor is platform-agnostic so all the behaviour is the same whichever platform you use, but we will look into whether we can support this. If anyone else would like this please like Marlon’s post above :slight_smile:

Has this been looked into? This is a big one for me as it’s everywhere on macOS and I’m so used to it now that when an app doesn’t have it, it makes me want to use something else. Even this forum editor that I’m typing in now has this feature haha. Nota is another notes app that’s built on electron and they were able to add it.

Hi @marlonr,

This is in development and we expect this to be part of either the next minor or the next major release. Looking forward to sharing this with you.

1 Like

Excellent news. Thanks for the follow-up.

Thanks a ton for adding this!! Much needed!