How are people using card colors?

I think @JohnCP had an interesting workflow for colors in the graph view – you can read it here.

Personally I use colors for association, and quickly identifying different types of child cards, almost like how your study books were different colors in elementary school; so at a glance when I view my Home I can see what card belongs where. Usually I just color the parent card so it shows up as a colored badge on the child cards.

For example. I have a ‘Calls & Catchups’ parent that’s green with a phone icon, and a ‘Posted’ parent card that’s blue with a mail icon for all the personal drafts that I’ve written in Supernotes and sent to various people / companies / social media. However this method is indeed a tad arbitrary, and becomes less powerful with filters – I use tags to categorise cards instead for this.

There’s no right or wrong way to use colors, try a few things and find the workflow that works best for you. We will be improving colors in the future to add a larger color palette and better accessibility. Oh and let us know below, we always find it interesting how members use these features so we can make it more useful for you in the future. We don’t track how you use Supernotes, we rely on your feedback to improve.

2 Likes