Multi-select cards for tagging, parents etc

I have a parent card which I created a while ago called Accounting Meetings which has the tag #accounting

Today I added some child cards with meeting agendas, which have children inside them with the meeting items, but forgot to tag any of them because I was in a rush to start taking notes at the start of the meetings.

Next I want to start querying my cards across accounting (from the home screen) and will need to add the #accounting tag to them all in order to filter them

Currently I have to go and manually add the tag to each. Could you:
a) Allow the user to select multiple cards to add tags to
b) Add the ability to add a tag children that would recursively follow backlinks and add the #accounting tag to all cards retrospectively

4 Likes

Please, introduce cards multi-selection for performing basic operations like deleting, assigning parents, tags etc.

@thomasdotred and @Valery_Kondakoff great points about multi-selection. This is in our pending feature roadmap and I have bumped up the priority of this feature for the both of you.

This is a sidenote, but if you apply a tag filter and create new cards, all of those new cards you create will inherit the tags automatically. This only helps with new card creation of course.

I have also bumped up both of your user trust levels here on the community, thank you for contributing!

1 Like

I can’t figure out a way to select multiple notes to tag them, delete them, change their status, etc. Surely, such a basic feature must exist somewhere so it must be a me problem.

Please help. :slight_smile:

Multi-edit is actually not a feature yet, but it is currently in the works and we plan to include it in the next version of Supernotes!

Thanks, that’s good news. I imported an Obsidian vault as a test but want to get rid of it and try SN out in a specific project. I’ll wait for that next version then.

Has there been any update on this? Do you know roughly how far down your roadmap at the moment?

Hi @thomasdotred, yes we’ve been actively working on this. The next update (Supernotes 2.2) includes a huge overhaul to our API allowing for multiple card updates to be batched in a single request. We’d hoped to also include an interface for this multi-select, but have been focusing on our offline mode and mobile apps – as well as a lot of other high-priority items. It will be coming very soon though!

1 Like

Please, when the feature does get released do keep it keyboard friendly (a lot of apps implement mouse only multi-select.)