New linked card option sometimes not available on home screen

Much of the time I try to create new linked card from within a card I’m currently editing, I don’t get the option to create a new linked card and instead get an error: “New linked cards can’t be created in preview mode.” This makes sense, however, I’m getting this error when I’m not in preview mode, but just in the Home section of my Supernotes. Oddly, this happens about 60% of the time. Can’t seem to find any common thread between the times I can’t create linked cards in this way. Any help would be much appreciated!

Using Edge browser on Microsoft 10 on my laptop. I’ve attached a screenshot that hopefully shows what I’m trying to describe.

Thanks for the thorough report @ktburn! We will have a look into this.

Awesome, thank you!

I’m trying to create a link to a card I haven’t created yet which I’ve done several times already. But for some reason, I can’t do that now. It keeps giving me this error: New linked cards can’t be created in preview view. First of all, what is preview view and how do I get out of it so that I can create a new link from this view?

Hi @Iamjmw,

Thanks for reporting this! You have actually found a bug and as such I have moved this post into bug reports.

Preview view is when you single-click on a card title (while it is in display mode) to quickly view it on top of your current view. We use this view to create new linked cards, and currently you cannot create new linked cards from this view (although we will be adding this soon!).

However from your screenshot you aren’t in a preview view, but are editing a card in the Noteboard. Could you let us know which browser / app you are using and on which OS? We will try to replicate this on our end so we can fix it. (Feel free to share that information with us via the in-app ‘Chat with Us’ messenger if you do not want to post it publicly on the forum).

If you log in and out that should temporarily fix it. If you find a way to replicate this bug do let us know. We are working on a permanent fix for this.

1 Like

Ok, glad I wasn’t going insane, lol.

I am using Safari on macOS 11.4.

1 Like