Pop out cards into new window + stay on top

I like to use Supernotes to use take notes from PDF or Videos.

Is it possible to have an Always on top option like Upnote ? Or it would be pointless and not use by many

Thank you !

2 Likes

A “Stay on Top” window setting is something we are unlikely to add to the main app. However in the future, we are planning to support the ability to ‘pop out’ cards into separate windows. As part of that future feature, those ‘popped out’ cards will have the ability to “Stay on Top”.

In the meantime, we’ve purposefully made Supernotes work very well as a narrow window alongside PDFs and Videos if you’d like to take notes and watch / read content at the same time.

9 Likes

I can confirm this. I regularly use Raycast’s window management features for note taking from videos, and Supernotes looks beautiful at multiple different horizontal sizes and screen locations. :heart:

2 Likes

Pop out cards sounds really useful!

1 Like

Hello, I’m using the Supernotes desktop app and I was wondering if there’s a way to open a card in a new, separate window. While I find the current pinning feature to be useful for keeping cards visible, I’m looking for a way to create a separate window for certain cards.

It would be great if I could create a new window by simply right-clicking on a card and selecting the “Open this card in a new window” option from the context menu. Additionally, I feel like the Supernotes app could benefit from more context-menu features.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I think the Evernote desktop app provides a great example of this feature.

I’ve modified this original “Stay on Top” window thread to combine @wldh’s recent thread on “Popping Out Cards into a new Window” since they all belong together. This is something we’ve wanted to explore for a while and will no doubt be very useful, hopefully we can get something out soon post the Supernotes 3 release.

5 Likes

Yep… I also think we need more control about content visualizing. Even a “zen mode” just focus on a card could give us some level of versatility.

Maybe this idea no make sense but in some cases could be usefull use a card like a post it.

I’d like to add my vote to this feature. I use Supernotes in a window manager that supports “workspaces”, which help divide my work by concern. Because I use SuperNotes for everything I have to move my single Supernotes window back and forth between workspaces (and switch the currently viewed card) when switching tasks.

1 Like