Problem with rendering lists

Hi. I am using lists very often and have recurring problems with it. So in edit mode I have this list:

grafik

it renders as this:

grafik

When I change the structure in edit mode like this:

grafik

it still renders as this:

grafik

Is there a better way to do this?

Hi @isaiur,

Happy to help! Please always use numbers for each list item, markdown automatically changes these to letters, roman numerals depending on the level of nesting. You can even just use the same number every time (like below), and markdown will convert this to 1. 2. 3. etc.

1. item one
1. item two 
1. item three

The issue you are also encountering is that you aren’t indenting your lists correctly, I’ve redone your example as a card here, feel free to join it as a reader.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try that :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but it’s not working for me … I don’t know if I’m doing anything wrong, but the only thing that went better in Notion are ordered lists.
In law school I have to write in schemas every day and for it to somehow render correctly it’s a constant trial and error.

This is how it looks like in Notion. You can type anything you need (A, I, 1., a …) and can indent and it’s always where you need it
grafik

In Supernotes I have sth like this:
https://my.supernotes.app/share/style+state+speak+inform

and it’s a complete mess in edit mode.

1 Like

Thanks for the example. One of the priorities for Supernotes 3.1 is to improve ergonomics of the editor, so I’ve made a note to ensure this is one of the areas we focus on.

2 Likes

This is an issue for me as well as long as I’ve been using Supernotes. I honestly can’t figure it out.

I actually posted about the same thing here.