Untagged cards custom collection

Not sure if I’m doing it correctly but trying to create a custom collection for untagged cards but it doesn’t seem to work?

I’m not familiar with the filter rules so I use AI to generate it but no filter seems to have been applied as it’s basically just the home view.

{
  "type": "group",
  "op": "and",
  "filters": [
    {
      "type": "tag",
      "op": "contains",
      "arg": "",
      "name": null,
      "inv": true,
      "case_sensitive": null
    }
  ]
}
2 Likes

Good question! So actually this is not currently possible with the existing filter options. The tag filter only checks for inclusion, and as you discovered, looking for any card that doesn’t have an empty tag just results in finding all cards.

We will improve the filtering options in the next version to enable this, as that is definitely a valid use case! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In case you missed it, this is now available using the new tag_count filter :tada:

The Collection Creator is aware of this new filter type, so asking for “untagged cards” or “cards with more than 5 tags” should now work as expected and automatically generate the right collection.

Or for the specific use-case of untagged cards, here’s the filter group you’d need:

{
  "type": "group",
  "op": "and",
  "filters": [
    {
      "type": "tag_count",
      "op": "equals",
      "arg": 0
    }
  ]
}
4 Likes

yes! this is perfect… i just started manually tagging my fleeting notes but now there is no need. less friction and i can review my notes easily this way :raised_hands:t2: thanks a lot Connor

2 Likes