Using the '/' character repeatedly

Hi,

I have to use the / character very, very frequently when taking my notes. A lot of my notes revolve around urls (website.com/page/users/something).

This means I literally have to press the escape key every single time I want to type ‘/’.

Is there any way around this?
- Sam

Hi @samarth.tripathi3,

Yes you can change this in the User Preferences.

Go to User > Settings > User Preferences, and there’s an option called “Quick Couple Key” so you can change this to a backslash. Does that work for you?

That was a really fast reply!

That works great.

Loving the app @tobias! I’ve been telling all my co-workers about it like a lunatic :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha, that’s what we are here for! Glad to hear it.

If you have any further questions, feedback or feature requests feel free to post them here on the Community! :smile:

1 Like

I find myself using both / and \ (for math). Would it be possible to put either of these (optionally) behind a “hold CTRL” or “hold CMD” modifier as well?

Thanks for the suggestion @mortalstarinventor, we will look into supporting these additional options!

1 Like

Options for the “quick couple key” to allow users to embed LaTex more easily would be great. I’ll link this thread for reference here: More options for 'quick couple key'

I would +1 on allowing to customize a modifier (I like @ for example and i’m sure everyone’s got their own preference). / is quite heavily used for me as well, meaning I have to ignore the popup with actions.