Word / character counter

Hi, I am a new user, so apologies if the answer is in the system somewhere.

I am a content writer and I need to be aware of word counts – occasionally character counts as well (every writer needs this!).

Could you tell me where to find them in Supernotes? Or add them, please?

2 Likes

Hi @iangreig, welcome to the Supernotes community! :tada:

At the moment we don’t have a word count functionality – only a character count (counting down from 1200 characters - the size of 1 card).

I see for your use case how an ascending character and word count would be very beneficial. I have opened a feature request, and since this is quite an easy addition we will look into adding this in the next update!

1 Like

I’ve just used cards to create a script for a one-minute video – so I need that length! Lots of apps give reading time as well – worth a thought.

Thanks for your quick response, Tobias.

1 Like

No problem @iangreig, that’s what I am here for. We will try and get that update out as soon as we can.

Have a great day!

@iangreig As a workaround, are you able to filter out the cards you need? If so, you can export them to markdown and open the file in Typora for example. You can see the word count there.

1 Like

A word count feature (and reading / speaking time) provided in the meta data would be an amazing feature. Just wanted to endorse this request.

Hi @thommo, a word count feature was added a while ago in 1.5.2. Just click the character counter and it will toggle to reveal words and characters!

Good thought about having this and more details in the metadata pane, we will see what we can do.

Awesome! I did not realise this. Thanks so much!