Auto linking cards

OK, without sounding like Roam and Obsidian which are pretty good apps in their own right, but one feature which for me would be an awesome addition and one I guess that has been requested is wiki-linking, auto linking to cards either via tags or {{square brackets}} . Not sure how this sits with you guys but I think if you can introduce this, this would be a market winner for Super Notes.

Your thoughts gents?

Karl

Hi Karl, we will be vastly improving the ergonomics of the linking ability between cards with the new more powerful WYSIWYG editor. This editor will suggest links between cards, as well as tags and a lot more! Excited to share this with you!

Lol, now I know what you guys are talking about. Sorry simple user not programmer.
Can’t wait Tobias

1 Like

@Karper71, we have made linking easier with the latest 1.6 release. Once you have completed a card, select the text which corresponds to cards you have already written. By pressing / once you have selected text, the ‘Link Coupler’ will open and auto-find the card you are looking for. So you just have to press [Enter] to confirm the link.

I hope that helps in the meantime, until we have our WYSIWYG editor!

2 Likes

I love this link to other cards feature.

Would it be possible to add a similar short cut that allows one to put an url link behind some text? i.e. once one has selected some text, add a short cut which auto puts square parenthesis around the text and opens curved parenthesis, with cursor inside ready for the link to be pasted?

This will be added as part of the new WYSIWYG Editor, once you select some text you will be able to click the link button to add a url to it.

1 Like

Looking forward to it!