Create new parent / linked cards from within Preview

Not sure it’s a bug so I’m posting this as a feature request instead.

2022-11-18 Supernotes

2 Likes

Hi @karel3s1,

Thanks for your feature request and gif!

Currently we don’t support new card creation via parent / card link coupler at all from within Preview, with or without creation using existing text (we have a little helper text to mention this as well, but it’s only visible with no results).

This is because Preview itself is used for the new card creation via parent / card link coupler of a card in the Noteboard. We need to add support for a Preview editing history so you can chain multiple new cards together. Since this FR is applicable more generally, I’ve modified the topic title and marked this as “In Development” – hopefully we can get something out soon!

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply and considering adding this to your backlog Tobias!

1 Like

When I create a new card in the ctrl+n popup box, if I want to link it to a new card as a parent, and I want to quickly associate this parent card to the current outline with his parent ( I can know grandfather exist), is there any good way to input fluency?

That’s the last advice since I started using it. It’s time to go to bed.
And in the time to come, learn more about how to use supernotes!
thanks for help!

Hi @EternalSummer, great point!

Preview mode within Supernotes is very powerful and we have plans to make the ergonomics of quick hierarchy / linked knowledge creation faster within this. I’ve moved this to an existing topic and upped the priority of this for you. Hopefully we can get something out soon.

2 Likes

Description of the bug
Hello,
I’m experiencing a very frustrating bug. Every time I edit a card and select some text, then go to the universal coupler to create a new card with the selected text, the selected text gets automatically inserted into the title of the card I am currently editing.

App & Version
Windows App 3.0.7

Steps to reproduce

1. Begin by editing a card.
  2. Select the text you want to create a new card with.
  3. Open the universal coupler and create a new card (green background).
  4. Notice that the selected text is automatically inserted into the title of the card you’re currently editing, instead of being used solely for the new card.

Screenshots / Screen Recording
Here is a recording

Hi @DunkinDonuts,

Thanks for the report! So actually you shouldn’t be able to create cards from within preview, this is still a work-in-progress feature (merged this bug report with the existing feature request). We’ll make sure to fix this soon and I’ve upped the priority to add proper linking from within previewed cards.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Didn’t know it’s not meant to be possible, lol :melting_face:. But it’s very helpful because I want to reorder some of my current setups and that’s very handy to create cards within the preview.

Thank you!

Of course, we’ll make sure to address this soon. We have a lot of card editing improvements in the works, especially for desktop!