Filter by parent card

Summary:
I can only filter by tags but what would make most sense for me is to filter by parent cards.

Details:
I use parent cards for projects, areas, resources - using PARA method by Tiago Forte (see attachment). So one card almost always has 2-3 parents: project, resource (topic), area. I do it because cards are hierarchical while tags aren’t manageable enough for this. I use tags for consistent metadata like #document or #in progress. Power of networked note-taking is in discovery of connections. Now it’s very limited for me in Supernotes :grimacing: Overall, Supernotes are super, though :grin:

Attachment:

3 Likes

Great feature request @nikita.korobkin! Love the clear layout, really helpful for us.

This makes a lot of sense. We will overhauling Filters to be a lot more flexible in a future update – to support more data types such as parents and dates as well as have nesting support. Looking forward to sharing this with you!

2 Likes

Fellow PARA user here, and I came to make this request as well.

Supernotes’ multiple-parent hierarchy is a great fit for the paradigm: a weekly team meeting could be a child of cards for the team (implemented as an area), discuss a project, and be tagged with the attendees (implemented as

Being able to filter like described would put the ability to find things in a PARA system over the top.

1 Like

Any news on parent filters? Is it still being worked on? Is it in planning stage. Is the team still convinced on implementing it, even if not right now?

Tags aren’t really manageable at scale, (think of people tags or even worse, topics and subtopics). I really think this feature request adds a lot of power to existing features, doesn’t require any new complexity for novices, and fits perfectly with one of the key features of SuperNotes that really sets it apart from other competitors it’s awesome multidimensional hierarchy

Hi @MaxLinWorm,

We’ve already been testing this internally. We were waiting to release this with custom collections, but may add it sooner.

I can confirm that the highly anticipated View Depth feature will be arriving in the upcoming 2.4 release, so it would make sense to be able to filter by parent as well.

4 Likes

Yeeeessss can’t wait to for the note depth update

1 Like

would like to know if this is still planned? or if it is part of the coming custom collection?

1 Like

Coming with Custom collections!

4 Likes